Over the history of our church the campus has expanded to meet growing and diverse needs. We currently occupy four different buildings covering a city block.
The sanctuary is located at the corner of Blackbourn St. and Pine St. This property was gifted to the Hawkins Methodist community in 1885 by the Texas Pacific Railroad's president Jay Gould. The corner stone of the present sanctuary was laid in 1947 and the sanctuary still holds much of the charm and character of worship space from that era.
We still worship, conduct weddings and funerals in this space built, prepared and cared for by generations of saints.
All of our facilities can be located in the 200 block of Pine St. between Blackbourn St. and E. Forest St.
Directly behind the Sanctuary and facing Pine St., Young Hall is our primary fellowship space. The hall, consecrated in 1999 and named for a beloved pastor, Robert E. Young, is used for shared meals, large gatherings, celebrations and special events. The building also contains a kitchen, classroom, and child care space.
Across Pine St. from Young Hall, Wesley House was added to the property in 2003 to meet a growing need for meeting space. The House, named in honor of the founders of our faith tradition, John and Charles Wesley, contains three classrooms, a kitchen and a library. In addition to meeting the needs of the church, Wesley House plays host to a number of community non-profit groups that need meeting space. Groups such as the Chamber of Commerce, AA, and Helping hands are regularly on site.
Located at the intersection of Pine St and 219 E. Forest St. Jo Ann's House, acquired in 2008, is the location of the church offices and the Youth ministry space. The house is named in honor of Jo Ann Minshew, a much loved and dearly missed saint of this community of faith.
Hawkins FUMC is the sponsoring organization for Cub Scout Pack 391 as well as Boy Scout Troop 391. Their hut is located adjacent to Wesley House facing Pine St. The United Methodist Church has a long and important relationship with Scouting. This building is dedicated entirely to the use of the Scouts in their growing and diverse programs.